They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, in the case of the guy I’m dating, the way to his heart is through his dog, a very lovable and adorable bulldog, Ari. Much like the snacks humans like to munch on, dog treats are often processed and loaded with tons of fillers. Rather than spoil Ari with treats filled with who knows what, I decided to make him a fresh batch of wholesome treats inspired by DogTreatKitchen.com that not only were adorable but also much more nutritious than anything you will find packaged on a shelf.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (you can use another type of flour if your dog is sensitive to wheat)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, chunky or smooth (I used smooth this time)
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- Servings: 16
- Difficulty: easy
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and combine until a sticky dough forms
- Place the dough on a floured surface and rolls out to 1/4"-1/2"
- Use your cookie cutter to cut into various shapes
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, let cool an hour before treating your pup!