With Christmas only a few days away, I sit in shock about how quickly this holiday season has flown by. It feels as if just yesterday I was lacing up my sneakers for the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot. Without a single Christmas classic movie watched, after only listening to “All I Want for Christmas is You” a half dozen times, not a single batch of cookies baked, and no snow on the ground I can only wish that my favorite time of the year would hang around a little longer. (Maybe a Christmas miracle?) Having to work the nights leading up to Christmas eve, I am hoping to salvage some extra Christmas spirit with the help of our annual family party, matching PJ’s with my sisters, and some forecasted winter flurries. Until the Christmas Eve festivities commence, I am hoping that spending a few minutes in the kitchen creating some last minute edible gifts will add a little extra spirit.
These sweet and savory rosemary nuts are the perfect yummy treat for the holiday season. Loaded with omeg-3’s and complimenting flavors of rosemary, maple, and sea salt these nuts may soon replace any holiday cookie favorite.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
- 4-5 oz of raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup of real maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of sea salt
- Servings: 6
- Difficulty: easy
- Lay the almonds on a cookie sheet and top with olive oil, maple syrup, and salt
- Remove the rosemary off the branch and place on the almonds
- Toss all ingredients together until almonds are even coated
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes
- Let cool for 15 minutes, until glaze over almonds has hardened
- Calories: 145
- Carbohydrates: 11 grams
- Fats: 11 grams
- Protein: 3 grams